The making of liveable cities is increasingly about the design of an urban and innovation ecosystem that connects, activates and transforms the city, people and the environment for quality of life in a holistic way.
Creating cities of tomorrow is a work in progress, engaging with individuals, businesses, organisations and governments to co-create and co-design to shape and invest in a better shared future.
From sustainable urban design to vibrant street life, from inclusive community to smart mobility, ‘liveability’ takes many forms and touches almost every area of our lives. It has become more important than ever to bring diverse sectors and disciplines together to make our cities more liveable and healthier by putting the needs, aspirations and the wellbeing of people at the core.
Forum 1 looks at the big picture of liveability, exploring new ideas, innovative solutions and bold provocations that shape the liveable cities today and of tomorrow.
- What makes a city liveable and extraordinary?
- Can ‘liveability’ be measured? Are the experiences transferable from one city to another?
- How might we rethink and innovate the city design, policy and planning, including land use, transport and urban health, to meet future challenges?
- What are the new opportunities and possibilities opened up by game-changing tech and data?
- How can we cultivate a culture for governments, businesses, organisations and citizens to find new frontiers and new ways to collaborate to create better services, products, health outcomes and, ultimately, better cities?